Yes, it is true! An eBook titled, Careers in GIS: an Unfiltered Guide to Finding a GIS Job, is here! This new book has up to date information that has previously been touched upon by this blog but also includes tons (well, maybe not tons but hundreds of pounds) of new material to help you land a job in the GIS industry. Better yet, this eBook is available for the bargain price of $4.99. Less than $5 to get some insightful strategies on how to get a GIS job? How can you go wrong? Click here to purchase.
What about a list of chapters? No problem…
- GIS Job Hunting Requirements
- Passion of the GIS
- Should You Be a Big Fish in a Little GIS Pond?
- Checking Up on the GIS Competition
- Learn How to Make Damn Map!
- GIS Gruntwork
- Should I Get a GIS Certificate?
- Finding the Best GIS Certificate Program
- Your GIS Graduate Degree and You
- Which Database Platform Is Best to Know for GIS?
- GIS Programming: It’s Unavoidable
- YouTube Your GIS Skillz
- How to Search the Web for GIS Jobs
- Employer’s Websites: The Best Kept GIS Secret
- Free GIS E-Newsletters, Don’t Miss an Opportunity!
- Watch the GIS blogs!
- Social media and GIS
- Congregate with Your Own GIS Kind
- GIS Jobs in Developing Countries
- Questions You Should Be Asking at the GIS Interview
- Neogeographer: Become One…Or Don’t…
- What Happened to the GIS Analyst?
- Want a GIS Job? It’s Time to Get Political
- The GIS Job Urban Myth…or Is It?
- Create Some GIS Out of Nothing
The eBook, Careers in GIS: an Unfiltered Guide to Finding a GIS Job, can be purchased for the Amazon Kindle. Now if you don’t own an actual Kindle, no need to worry. You can just download the Kindle app for Windows, Mac, Android, Blackberry, or iOS and read the book on your desktop/laptop/phone/tablet device. Or if you don’t own any of those, you can also read the book online through the Kindle Cloud reader.
Thanks so much for supporting Careers in GIS. This book is the next chapter in its evolution (pun intended). Any feedback is appreciated.